Chemnitz, March 2020
Corona virus: Preventive measures at NILES-SIMMONS
Dear customers and business partners,
Even and especially because of the current situation of the ever-increasing spread of Corona virus, the health and safety of our employees and their families but also of all our customers, suppliers, business partners, and visitors are of first priority for NILES-SIMMONS.
In order to minimize the risks for all persons involved as much as possible and, still, to continue the operative business of our company as far as possible, NILES-SIMMONS has already implemented comprehensive preventive and safety measures to respond to the current situation with necessary caution but, nonetheless, without panic.
Therefore, the following measures have been initiated and shall apply until further notice to all employees, suppliers, and any other visitors of our company:
- Disinfectant dispensers are available for every employee for regular hand desinfection in all essential areas together with information regarding regular and correct hand hygiene. Prior to accessing work and canteen areas, every person is particularly requested to make use of these measures.
- Visitors are only guided at the reception desk and, if need be, in the designated conference rooms “Albany” and “Sydney”.
- Visitor areas are regularly disinfected
- Welcomes are held without handshake only
- Special hygiene and distance rules were defined for the use of our in-house canteen in compliance with the general ruling valid in federal state of Saxony, enacted March 22, 2020.
- Due to the travel warning meanwhile issued worldwide, business trips of employees are restricted to a minimum extent – where possible, virtual channels will be increasingly used instead.
- Employees who return from private or business trips from risk areas or were in contact with suspected cases or, demonstrably, were in contact with persons infected by the Corona virus will be preventively placed in quarantine and/or in home office work for at least 14 days and, if need be, examined for the virus. In this context, we also kindly ask all external service providers and partners to deploy only such employees for tasks to be performed in our company who are not considered as fraught with risk in terms of the statements made above.
- All employees or visitors showing symptoms of disease such as fever, cough or respiratory disorders are required not to visit our company and to contact authorities or the family doctor.
- While still maintaining uniform and complete reachability for our customers and partners, we have placed employees increasingly in home office work.
- Meetings are held, if possible, in small groups or through virtual channels in order to ensure required distance.
- As to the employees working on-site, the team sizes of employees who are present at the same time were minimized and the principle of staggered work was introduced to prevent encounters of the individual teams.
- External customer and visitor traffic was reduced to a minimum extent and larger visitor groups were entirely dispensed with.
All measures taken serve to protect our employees as well as all partners and visitors who access our company premises during these days.
To enhance effectiveness of these measures, we ask all employees and external business partners to sensitively implement them and, where appropriate, to take note of further postings at the company premises.
Moreover, we would like to emphasize once again that our company continues to produce and maintains operation as far as possible in compliance with aforesaid measures. Accordingly, all sub-supplies and orders will be accepted as scheduled.
If the situation changes due to changing circumstances or administrative orders, we will inform you per e‑mail and website thereof as a matter of course.
Thank you for your support.
NILES-SIMMONS Industrieanlagen GmbH
Chief Operating Officer